The vet gave me a sachet to be opened on arrival home, which was for worming Poppet. Opened it up today and it was a spot on treatment and the parcel referred me to instructions that were not there. So I googled for instructions and sure enough, spot on worm treatment! Who knew! Definitely saves stitches from trying to shove tablets down reluctant throats.
I had a bit of a cookathon today - basically using the new pressure cooker was a priority so I made hedgehogs. Amazing. All you do is push a button labelled meat, and twenty minutes later you have porcupines! I think I like this newfangled approach to pressure cooking. At present I am waiting for the alarm to go off to let me know to add cheese to the potatoes au gratin and return them to the oven. Not sure the potatoes I used are ideal for it as they are dutch creams, where sebagos would have been better, but I expect i will find out soon enough.
Much washing up and putting away ensued and the kitchen is once again tidy and clean (astonishing I know!).
It started raining this afternoon, after strong winds discouraged doing the laundry this morning, so I am still only part way part through that side of things. But as I am into week two from contact I am being conscientous about not going out, and will have to keep myself amused at home for another seven days. Sigh. I think I will resurrect the coffee maker tomorrow and see if it has stopped leaking when I turn it on.
Work is sorted out and apparently I will be getting the JobKeeper allowance from the next pay, so that will be exciting. I will have to get something on mail order so I can control the fire burning a hole in my pocket haha. I suspect that will be the tiles.
Yes the spot on is so much safer! It is good news about the JobSeeker allowance. I am sure there is a backlog of things you need to do and buy. I am worried about how long this downturn in the economy is going to last - I am afraid that the hard times are going to stay for many people. Anything we can do now to build resilience, we should do, I think. I had an old fashioned pressure cooker and loved using it.
ReplyDelete