Bed time was so comfortable last night I didn't wake up until 11 am! I haven't done that since I was a teenager! Fortunately there was not much on the agenda so after restocking at Pancakes (which is only open for takeaway on Friday and Saturday), I headed home, sorted out some more cupboards and generally reorganised stuff. The corner of the kitchen is coming together now and starting to look good. My next job will be the overhead cupboards which will the rearranged (ie the dishrack will be moved to sit between two upper cupboards instead of just being squeezed into the bit of wall that was available when I bought it, and those two cupboards reassigned (one will be glass wear, the other bowls and basins).
Once that meets requirements I will move in the two larger tall pantry cupboards to flank the fridge and provide accommodation for pantry goods and cleaning equipment (imagine not having the vacuum cleaner cluttering up the floor!). I will be modifying some of the shelving in these to make things more accessible (you know how the stuff on the top shelf it out of reach without a ladder - a narrower shelf should fix that).
It was a true autumn day today with a foggy start (probably what made me sleep in) and glorious sunshine followed by a nice crispy evening.
The Hall will be inheriting a collection of mugs which match but do not feel good to drink out of, and a few spare bowls. A tray of jam jars is being reassigned to a friend who does that sort of thing still, and the loungeroom is beginning to feel larger! It's quite remarkable! I will be able to regulate temperature by moving the sofa into the right position for the conditions!
Starting to feel like a home!
I can't imagine how nice it would be to sleep so long! My cat would never allow it. One of us always has to get up to feed her. I love the way you are working through the tasks in the kitchen -good on you. Can't wait to see a picture when it is finished!
ReplyDelete