It's hard to know. I know it doesn't live on one side of me, and it seems to run through the fence to the other side when frightened. So it could easily be living under one of the many outbuildings there, or being fed and called a 'pet' or just living wild. Only way to find out would be to trap it, keep it for a month in case someone came enquiring, or take it to the vet for a microchip check (not that any of the locals would bother with that anyway). On the plus side if it lived with me, its whereabouts would be unknown as it would be indoors at all times, haha. Fortunately the trap is at someone else's house at the moment so not much chance of trapping it. I will also have to wait till Poppet is fixed just in case it's a boy.
It's been raining most of today - breaks long enough to scuttle out and get firewood in, but otherwise quite damp. And cold. The fire is chugging away but seems to be less than enthusiastic about warming things up.
I hung the door to the laundry today and did a bit of wall washing, but have yet to break out the sugar soap which I will be needing as I get further up the wall. It's nice to be able to shut the door it, but it will have to come off it's hinges once more for a further trim on the bottom. I will leave it in place till it has a chance to get a little rub on the paint on the bottom to see what's happening. It will also need a cat flap installed so the door can be closed but they can reach their litter tray.
Then the sausages were turned into a made up cassoulet that involved beans, chicken and dried mushrooms as additions. I got a bit carried away with the stock so it is a bit soupy rather than gluggy, but still tasty. I will freeze the rest for 'ron.
I will try to wash some walls tomorrow. I really can't install the tall cupboards until that's done and I would really like to get them out of the loungeroom so I can start in here. Meanwhile I will just potter around I think.
DH worked so hard yesterday getting his study all snug. I noticed the difference this morning -the whole place feels warmer without all those annoying vents making cool air come in everywhere. We are consulting Choice regarding a new way of heating this room.
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing the difference it makes. I have a gap at the top of the chimney breast where a row of bricks appears to be missing. I stuffed it with scraps of insulation and the difference was astonishing. I may well apply some architraves around the "new" window on the south side because I am pretty sure that is what is causing the chilly draft from that direction.
Delete