Friday, January 19, 2018

Thought things were going too well. Took the dog for his walk this morning and as I passed the ute I found this:
 Having safely parked the dog, tracked down the scrubbing brush and a microfibre cloth (it was already well dried) I removed it, and moving round the vehicle to turn off the tap, I found this:
It being school holidays I shrugged it off as teenage angst, but on the dog's second walk I was treated to an abusive tirade from Psycho-neighbour. Since it is several years since this has happened I was marginally surprised (though not very), and since her abuse was directed toward the allegedly vile conditions in which I keep the rooster it was not hard to work out who the egger was.

Unsurprisingly the RSPCA turned up this afternoon and agreed her complaints were groundless. She had already blotted her copy book with them by ringing back and abusing them because they had not dropped everything to come out after her first call. But to avoid further unpleasantness he will be going to Bonorong tomorrow to feed their birds of prey. I will leave a courteous note in her letter box explaining his fate and reminding her that egg shells preserve fingerprints. I have arranged for the police to pop round on Sunday (I am going out tomorrow) and make their presence known by going on a tour of my premises. Haha.

Hard to know what has set her off - it is usually symptomatic of something else I have done to upset her (eg suggesting sharing the cost of building a fence). No doubt all will become clear over time.

I did try to scan the manual today, but with little success. The printer has been playing up of late and since I had to print off a letter for the Railway group I spent several hours running cleaning processes, doing prints to check the success of said processes and eventually getting something vaguely suitable for sending to Tas Rail. So by the time I wrestled with the scanning software and produced scans of small pages that overlapped the sides of A4 I was not feeling inclined to persist. I will have another go tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! so nice to see you back and bloggin Jo. I'd almost given up on you and hadn't checked your blog for ages. Nice to see you again. Now off to actually read all the blog posts I've missed out on since last I checked. BTW, Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you too Fran - thanks for the tip on the source of parts for the machine, she has responded to my PM - I have yet to read it in any detail because of my various other distractions (and different time zones).

    ReplyDelete