There's always a variation between the plan and the execution - though the heat certainly made its presence felt! Quietly melting in front of the fan at the moment.
The lack of decent television programming combined badly with the behaviour of the blokes down the back - the one who had his dogs attached to the gate tried to tell me it was not a public lane (so apparently locking them to a person's private gate makes it OK?) and took some persuasion to act, and I remain doubtful he will stick to the arrangement at the end of the day. The chain was a diagonal from his car to the gate - actually attached to the gate with the result it was virtually impossible to open it (so much for the community fire escape to our safe haven!).
And the President of the club was less than helpful when I spoke to him about the lack of a booking - he assured me the chap had come out twice to make it but had not found me at home - I pointed out there is this thing called leaving a note in the letterbox asking me to get in touch - he shrugged and wandered off. So I was in such a bad mood that I stormed into Oatlands for an iced chocolate and caramel slice.
Just watching A Taste of Ladline on the Telly about the strange netted orchard/greenhouses i have noticed at Jericho - apparently very high tech, so presumably an initiative arising from the irrigation. At least I now know what they are!
That small kitten has been in the back yard again - it is a little butterfly of a thing and happily independent though starting to show the effects of living on the streets so I have set the trap (which I had dismantled for rooster transport) and will see if I can catch him. I have put a bale of straw over the top of the trap so it creates a dry sheltered spot in the unlikely event it rains.
No comments:
Post a Comment