Sunday, January 28, 2018

And I thought yesterday was hot! But it is, of course, cumulative and indoors it is bloody hot - outdoors it is hotter. Thank heaven for short hair - sticking my head under the shower at regular intervals.

Tonight's dinner will be fish and chips with salad (the salad at least is home grown). Dog walking has been confined to early morning and late evening, though now the dog trials have packed up and gone away for another year (but not before making a firm booking for next year!!) at least we can stay off the bitumen.

Picked some apricots but the mere thought of turning them into jam is unacceptable, so they will be accumulated till the cool change arrives. Apparently it will arrive with a bang tomorrow afternoon with a temperature drop of 10 degrees within an hour - bring it on I say.

And snow by Wednesday - I kid you not!

Even Billy thinks it's too hot to sit on my lap and is sprawled beside me on the couch.

1 comment: