Sunday, January 21, 2018

Much better night's sleep last night despite the heat. And lucky for me as I had a lot of cutting to do today - the jungle is once again beaten back to the far side of the septic tank and 'herself' went out, so I was even able to do along her boundary without incident. More remains to be done, and will be addressed tomorrow when it is (hopefully) cooler as it will be the last cool day for the rest of the week by the looks of things.

It was horribly humid today, but a light breeze did wonders for getting the washing dry and that is all now put away in the relevant cupboards.

The local police were good to their word - the officer is new to the district so I gave her the low-down on the Lane and other options of surveillance in the area, and she in return assured me I can call the local coppers in instances of animal cruelty (which is news to me and would have been very useful when the neighbours were dispatching their foal.)
Apart from a minor attempt at verballing me when I took Seb out the back gate, there has been no difficulty on the home front.

No comments:

Post a Comment