Thanks Guys, I haven't had time to sit and feel sorry for myself as I had a dental appointment this morning so after walking the dog was straight out the door to get there. This was for a checkup, mapping of my teeth, and a filling in the other tooth I had broken - no more dental wax for me!
After I headed to Moonah to Jaycar which seems to be the place to be if you want surveillance equipment. Once I managed to gag the sales chappy who was trying to sell me $500 kits and remind him that when I said I was looking for a price more like 10% of that, not 10% OFF that, he settled down into a human being and sold me a unit that was three times more than I wanted to spend, but a lot less than what he was trying to sell me.
It is amazingly versatile (assuming it works). It has day and night vision, a swivel head and comes with an app that lets you drive it from your phone where-ever you are. With the phone you can move it around, talk to anyone you see (get the hell off my property!) and store up to a day's worth of images on the chip. You can also transfer it to your computer so you can freeze-frame stuff. Clearly it will take a while to learn to drive. The only thing it didn't come with was window signs warning it was in use.
That sorted, I stopped off at Cove Hill and bought some coffee as well as visiting the best fish and chip shop in Tassie (outside the Woolworths). They do the best potato cakes (scallops) you can possibly imagine with great crunchy light batter and properly cooked potato! I scurried off to Dysart to park under the pine trees to eat this and when I was finished I discovered that the tooth that had been repaired last week had lost one of the two remaining fragments of actual tooth. So back to the dentist for more work. It has worn off now, but I think I will be wanting a pain killer at bedtime. Since all that remains of the tooth was one tiny sliver, a large blob of amalgam and a similar sized lump of white filling, there was not much to work with, but he has fashioned a sort of defacto crown from filling material.
Needless to say dinner tonight was soup and yoghurt.
No comments:
Post a Comment