It was sunny today! Astonishing! So the rest of the washing that didn't make it into the machine on Saturday was finished. Now all I have to do is put it away.
The second round of using just hot water and a cloth at the bank has been more successful but the two damp cloths are now hanging in my cupboard where they will doubtless remain damp and unloved till I go back on Wednesday. It will be needing rather more than the four I have to keep up with the routine they have in mind I suspect as damp cloths in the cupboard in summer will start to smell. And how, might I ask, is one supposed to keep a toilet clean with that sort of limitation?
I did a few Trove searches to find articles about movie houses in the district and have saved some to print out tomorrow when hopefully I will manage to get the window display sorted. I am hoping it will be another nice day to stir me along!
Ah yes, the power of a sunny day! The sun has come back to us too, and oh the energy it brings with it!
ReplyDeleteYes - I am really looking forward to the Spring energy surge this year!
ReplyDeleteI use a mix of white vinegar and a little dishwashing liquid in the spray bottles for cleaning the pub. I've used it for everything, including the loos, for years. Spray onto the surface and wipe with the microfibre cloth. Keeping the cloth as dry as possible, works better than a wet cloth. If they insist on water only, then it's a bit harder but the method should still work.
ReplyDeleteOh brilliant - what they don't know won't hurt them and that sounds rather more useful than straight hot water (which to be hot enough to have any advantage is too hot for bare hands).
Delete