Saturday, August 12, 2017

The wild winds that have been wreaking havoc up north (and in Hobart, apparently) have mainly passed us by - though we have had some strong gusts, we have also had prolonged periods of calm. And the rain, though persistent, has not been all that productive. Last time I waded down to the gauge it was at about 5mm, so nothing to get excited about.

Despite this there have been sunny patches and the pump seems to be doing its job. The water was hot enough this morning that I needed to add cold water to the shower (unheard of!) and so presumably everything is behaving as it should. And last night was cold enough to trigger the frost cycle from time to time. It will get more practice tonight though as it is supposed to be minus 3!

It also seems to take less time to get hot water to the kitchen for some odd reason, but i am not complaining.

As a consequence of the weather, not much happened here other than getting the casserole cooked. It is still cooking as the potatoes seem to be heading to mush and so will provide thickening of the sauce, so I am letting them go - I will pick out the skins before eating as they will be a rather odd addition otherwise.

So all is well here, if somewhat lazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment