The plumber emerged from his stupor this afternoon and phone me - missing me as i was out walking the dog. After further dark mutterings about costs and charges I finally got him to admit he was talking about $300.00 which seems a pretty cheap solution to a problem that has dogged me since the thing was installed. So he is now watching the weather and planning a trip that involves sunshine coinciding with my presence. It turns out the senser is in the wrong part of the tank - should be 1/4 of the way up from the bottom, but is 1/4 of the way from the top. So after further efforts on his part to avoid coming i pointed out that since that was a problem, it was possible other problems existed in the installation and having him come up could avoid this sort of thing at two yearly intervals. Finally got him to agree - I have to assume he hates the country!
It was a lovely sunny day so the woolley jumper that has been loitering in the shed for a couple of days, trying to get dry was draped over the clothesline and I decided to go for a drive. I have been longing for a pot roast for some weeks now, but the local shop has not been ordering any in and I was unsuccessful at Cove Hill. So a trip to Campbell Town was in order to the butcher there who does what you ask him to do if he has the stock in the fridge. Since I was there I called into Zeps for lunch and dined on salt and pepper squid with Thai salad in the sunshine in the park. Then off to the butcher for my roast (a fine looking beast) and a stop at Ross to check out what was on at the Wool Centre (still no decent fleeces - the same tender ones I rejected last time with increasing piles of rejected samples on top. You'd think they would have a better try!)
Then I took the turn off to York Plains and wandered home via back roads (which are in excellent condition at present) through wintry countryside. All very nice.
Home and dog walked it will be off to the bank in a short while, via a friend's place to drop off some knitting patterns.
No comments:
Post a Comment