Tuesday, August 1, 2017

The day did not start well as the hot water system has once again broken. The pump is not operating and so yesterday I had superheated steam entering the pipes and last night was the steady clunk clunk clunk of pipes slowly chilling. I rang the plumber (the Apricus specialist plumber) who entered into his usual moan about not wanting to come all the way to Parattah only to find he wasn't going to get paid (so insulting!) and perhaps if I had bought a pump from him it would be heat rated. So I sent him photos of the manual for the existing pump (German made, heat rated) and have not heard from him since. I will chase him up tomorrow. Turns out the pump is 6 months out of warranty, but I have read up on the Consumer Law and will be demanding a refund in full as it is not 'fit for purpose' in that it should last more than 2.5 years in ordinary use.

That sorted, I headed into the History Room and spent an entire day alone. As a result I have all but finished one arm hole of the vest and should be casting off tonight.

Our Mayor had his day in court today, finally - he has been dodging and weaving for some months now, and it turns out this is because he has been trying to talk Council into paying legal fees to dispute the charges. As it is, he pleaded guilty and was given a minor fine and a suspended license. No doubt many a user of the Midlands Highway will be watching closely to spot him driving during that time. Meanwhile we will have to watch Council like hawks to ensure he does not demand a driver and vehicle at ratepayers' expense - if he does I for one will be making complaint to the Local Government Association.

No comments:

Post a Comment