I have spent the morning delving into a drawer in the History Room that I had previously ignored as being documents relevant only to members of the Executive. It is utterly chaotic, but I found two files of interest - the first being the saga of how we came to own the building, who owns it and who holds the mortgage - Council. So at least I now have a clearer idea of the commitments to which we are held. I also found other financial documents and useful stuff but when I tried to redraft them on the computer I discovered that the drive is full and it is impossible to save anything. Sigh. So my priority now is to clear out my home desk top and take it in. Transfer the contents of the office computer onto mine (which has considerably greater storage, and working out how much some external discs would cost so that we can store the photographs off the main computer as I suspect it is they which are occupying the space. Unfortunately the setup of the office computer seems to be missing some vital links so I can work out what its present storage capacity is and how to defrag it.
Once that's done, then the database of our inventory can go onto the main computer instead of the external drive it is presently stored on, and we can be a bit better organised. Steph called in during the afternoon as her son was going to drop off an item of furniture for us, but he failed to turn up so we just stood around and gossiped. It turns out that there is a majority of Councillors who want Bisdee gone, but they are not acting on this. I suspect this is so they can keep going to the point where it will not be necessary to recruit a new councillor (not sure who is next on the list, but suspect it is one they don't want) and they can get rid of him without any problems. Alternately they may have a deal with him to serve out his term but not run again - not a deal I would rely on personally.
So having solved the problems of the world (or at least the district) I headed home and am now contemplating dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment