My first act as President has been to go through several shelves of crap and throw out two wheely bins full. I mean, how many past-used by empty folders and picture frames do we need? In self-protection I had Steph on board and working with me. I also contacted DPI and managed to convince them they needed the discarded office documents from Graeme's office (in fact they were a bit peeved they did not already have it). Having said that, we have appropriated a large number of rubber stamps with the names of local towns and/or properties on them, and some various 1080 poison laid documents. There were so many I doubt DPI will notice!
We found three boxes containing some pretty valuable stuff that has yet to be accessioned, and some that has, but has never gone anywhere since then. We now have sufficient space to move stuff from the other side of the room onto those empty shelves as we sort through that lot. Some stuff, the material from Graeme's house, has been set aside as it is clearly of some value but apparently he and his sister had no close relatives, so finding a home for it is problematic. It seems he had a girlfriend (sneaky bugger) but she refused things when the house was cleared out. But I suspect she will want the charm bracelet if found inscribed with both their names.
So I am now exhausted and planning an early night.
No comments:
Post a Comment