Yesterday was all go as Trixie arrived to help with the shed. We now have it all lined out (well, a bit more to do, but not much) and the set of shelves that has been blocking the fireplace in the future craft room has been relocated as well. It will be very useful for storing plastic bins containing smaller power tools and their associated instructions/tools/spare parts. Also the table saw is finally out of the spare bedroom so between that, and rearranging the loungeroom I have a pretty well organised workspace now.
This is the workshop end of the shed (the other is the dyeing space). The metal cladding marks the future location of the wood heater which can not be installed till I get the digger man back with a load of gravel to build up the entry point. The sheet of ply has two sets of bins for storing small fixings (I have another set as well, and this may be distributed alongside these or possibly split with the dyeing end as I am sure there are lots of little tools and toys that will require storage there too.
Next comes some pegboard for hanging small hand tools and so on around the shed to the shelving and the metal shelves from the craft room.
I was well pleased with the results but totally knackered last night so finding the cables to hook up the computer was beyond me. Especially after cleaning the bank as well.
Today being History Room I finished off this beanie - the colour reproduction is not good - it is rather more vibrantly autumn toned than it seems. It is really more of a beret, and the blue one, having been accidentally knitted on the wrong size needles is more of a snood. But both look good. Not sure I want to sell this one!
Naturally I called into the Lucky Ewe, if only because she had 500g of a glorious flame red dyed corriedale top. Since I am now planning to enter in the Campbell Town Show I thought it would be a rather nice addition to the Moorit (with a few other baubles) to make an Art Yarn. The natural coloured Tussah Silk seemed a nice addition too.
I spun a small quantity today - it was too luscious to resist, but that meant I didn't have a bobbin to try out the red tops. Sigh. Still, I made progress on the sock and kept myself happy before heading to the tip with the discards from the shed makeover.
This is the top view of the beanie/beret - it is that pattern from the House and Garden magazine.





No comments:
Post a Comment