Better again today - amazing what a past-use-by antihistamine can do to clear the sinuses.
Washed the rest of the recoverable wool from the Ryeland fleece - what does not get spun into the two bobbins i am presently working on will go in a labelled box for future reference. Had to stop on my way into town to let a flock of Suffolks cross the road so booked a fleece with the farmer for his next clip (November). And at the moment I am wrestling with the desire to light a fire and the knowledge it will make sleeping difficult tonight due to increased temperatures. It is this time of the year when a pellet heater would be a very good thing.
Meanwhile the temperature for the next few days will be in the low 20s after which we will once again plunge into cooler ranges (13-14). I really should be packing up the contents of the dresser (the bits not already dealt with which are the precious heirloom bowls etc that have to be properly packed into something that will keep them protected). I found a plastic tub with some old sheets in it, so will pack them into that using the sheets to keep them apart to avoid chipping.
The plastic tubs of fleece have each gained a camphor ball as I spotted a silverfish in the bathroom this morning. Once dispatched, a rapid trip to Oatlands provided the cure.
The book has yet to be given a good reading - I will reserve it for tomorrow in the History Room. It being hardback and fairly large, does not lend itself to reading with a cat firmly planted in the lap.
Tonight is bank cleaning and visiting friends - all good fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment