It was a late night last night because I became engrossed in Escape to the Country and that last episode in Scotland was enthralling. Meanwhile I sat and span/spun/spinned. After various tension squares failed to come up with a suitable number for the desired beanie pattern I had in mind I have worked out how many stitches make an inch and multiplied it by the number of inches I need - it should work! lol. I am rather making this pattern up as I go along as the Alafoss Lopi patterns do not have a turn-up and seem a bit girlie so following the instruction but adding a band and also adding colour-work sheep to it as well (on a rather smoother background than the Ryeland is producing). I am thinking a sheep flanked by border collies with possibly a row of smaller sheep to make up the circle and carry the yarn around to the beginning once more (the down side of using circular knitting methods is the need to carry contrast yarn all around the item as you won't be catching up with the design until you get there.
Lots of houses for sale in Oatlands at the moment - even the tourists are commenting!
And a bit of rain yesterday - 12 mm in total so nothing to write home about but better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick.
No comments:
Post a Comment