Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Yesterday was supposed to be 16. It got there, briefly. But it was overcast and cloudy and soon started down to the day we had today (brrrrr!). As a consequence I concentrated on indoor activities and cleared out another pantry cabinet. It takes a while as I need to ensure that things go in places where I can still access what I need. I moved the chest of drawers full of spinning stuff into the spare bedroom, the cabinet from the kitchen into the loungeroom (which has been rearranged to make space for the fridge and freezer when the time comes to move them) and the contents of the pantry into the cupboard (whose contents are now in the shed). The pantry cabinets are now minus their doors and the connectors are all removed bar one screw into the side wall (which is proving incooperative and since I have stripped the phillips head screwdriver head is staying where it is for the time being).

I will empty out the two cabinets attached to the second pantry cabinet tomorrow and moving some of the cupboards into the spare bedroom. I will also be dyeing the tops using the dyes I have to hand so I can spin a coloured top for the Show.

Today was the History Room and fortunately it was sunny as it was bitterly cold and would have been miserable if I had not had that sun. Two people and a visit from a local wanting me to type a letter for him and that was it for the day. I did get a bobbin of red single spun which will in due course form the base for an Art Yarn. I have two packs of baubles I bought at the Spin In and suspect I can find some other trinkets in the sewing room. I will have to watch some YouTube videos to see how they are constructed. I have ideas but not really a clue about how to go about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment