A nice sunny day once the fog cleared, somewhat belatedly. I stacked some more firewood, did some spinning and rummaged for garniture for the Art Yarn. Successfully as it turns out.I do love a rummage in the button boxes - some lovely buttons in there, for all I don't use them terribly often. This box comes from Dad's side of the family and contains buttons going back several generations. Including the minute square and circular ones I found that presumably once adorned the breast of a lawn shirtwaist back in the day.
The silver disc is a plastic one dollar gaming chip souvenir from the opening of Wrest Point Casino which our family attended in full regalia. I would draw your attention to the almost transparent button in the lower left - a thing of beauty!
Between the button box and my bead collection I have more than sufficient to embellish the Art Yarn In the top right are the white tiny buttons, there is a string of tiny white 'pearls', beads sequins (including some antique gold metal ones, and a few more mundane buttons also. The grey yarn is a silk yarn which resists breaking when I don leather gloves and try to tear it apart, so should be sturdy enough for the task.
This is the 'tops' I dyed. I decided against trying to overdye the supposed-to-be-red bits and have instead drawn on the red tops I have been playing with so far. I am just careful to introduce them at points where the fibre is transitioning to red. I have pulled the fibre apart by colour group and am spinning it in strips of colour. I will then chain ply it for the entry at the Show.So apart from bank cleaning, typing up a letter for the Railway committee and delivering it to the Treasurer, stacking more wood, and preparing for two days of rain, I have not actually achieved terribly much at all!

No comments:
Post a Comment