Thursday, August 11, 2011

Well that was the end of my first 'week' on the job. Most of my time has been spent sorting out HR requirements and so forth, and I have actually managed to complete my first assessment which I have sent to the boss for review. Have also wandered over to Battery Point to take photos of the subject site and work area.

The dog situation will require further thought. I have organised doggy day care at Mangalore kennels, but they have rules about delivery and pickup that will be difficult to meet satisfactorily unless i have set working hours agreed. I think I can manage that but it remains to be seen.

They have also asked me to apply for another post (12 months work) that they have had to advertise internally and so have had no response, so hopefully I also get that. It pays even more than the one I am doing at present, so would allow me to save a substantial amount (or rather, have work done progressively over the employment period as funds are saved to the required amount). So I popped an expression of interest into the HR letterbox and will await results. Not sure a temporary short-term employee is entitled to apply for internal vacancies, lol

I was disconcerted to hear a neigh from next door a short while ago. I do hope they have not got their horse back. It was doing so well at the place that had stolen it ... There is no justice in a legal system that allows animals to be returned to irresponsible owners ...

No comments:

Post a Comment