Long day today. Was up much of the night unable to sleep because of the warm weather. Had used lighter weight PJs but this was apparently not enough to get me through, so was wide awake at 4:30 when I gave up all hope of sleep.
The plus side of this was that the jeans i washed yesterday were dry enough to wear today when I went up to Launceston. The mission today was to get to Your Habitat early enough to get what I assumed was a 'loss leader' in their sale - kitchen trolleys that were $399 marked down to $99. Unfortunately, on examination, I concluded that even $99 was too much to ask for them so they stayed in the shop. There were two other missions (plus calling in at Heritage Tas to check out this job opportunity). They were to buy an engagement present for my friend's son's engagement, and to call into BUnnings to get the mini polytunnels, a plunger and the baskets that Jonno keeps banging on about.
The intention engagement present-wise, was to get something for the house - preferably for the kitchen. But then I realised i have no idea what Beth's taste is like, or what her house looks like. So that was not a good idea really. So I wandered around vacantly, but then happened upon an antique shop. Now Lucas is rather fond of matters historical so this seemed a possibility. But again, how excited can you get about glass or crockery. Then. Just as I was about to leave, I raised my eyes and spotted the perfect gift. So it came home with me and will be wrapped tonight, for presentation tomorrow. Sorry, I will post a photo (probably on Sunday) but I don't know if one or other of them might be following this blog, so can not reveal all until they have seen it in the flesh. If they hate it, it will always be welcome at my place, lol.
Bunnings proved interesting. Those nice green baskets were stacked neatly at the end of every aisle in the shop. No idea how jonno gets them to sell them to him as they are provided as carry baskets for shoppers, not for sale... So that was no good. The mini-polytunnels? They had three, which was exactly how many I wanted. I then spotted some plastic storage boxes - three for $20.00 so they came home and will serve, in the short term, as mini-greenhouses for raising seedlings for the vege patch. Once they are in the ground, they can revert to the design intent and be used to store stuff around the house.
The good news is that I don't start work till Wednesday so will have time to catch up with myself and to sort out the plantings as well. So that will be great. They will also give me a couple of days off to sort out the census stuff. Angie, my supervisor is aware of the development and we have agreed a mutually satisfactory strategy. So it's all good.
No comments:
Post a Comment