Monday, August 8, 2011

It has been a bit damp today. With 23 mm overnight and another 8 or so today. It has, despite that poor score, been raining pretty consistently all day with periods of heavy rain, broken up by mizzle and rare periods of occasional spots. The recreation ground is a lake and the road to Oatlands is awash with water gushing across it at one point (not disturbingly so, but still a bit of a danger if you don't notice it before you hit it).

So today has been cooking. A minestrone from the pork hock I cooked yesterday and a tagine kefta - that is meatballs in a tomato sauce, with a moroccan slant to it. Next on the list is a moroccan beef stew which will be going in the slow-cooker once I have browned the meat and coated it in the special sauce.

The roof leaks are distinctly smaller, but sadly still present, so will have to go to plan B and see what the plumber thinks about it.That will involve using the remaining new iron on the inner side of the gable that has already been fixed; replacing the central gutter, and re-using iron removed from the roof to re-clad the inner slope of the other side. Hopefully between the sheets off three sides of the roof we can salvage enough iron to do it that way. It will, of course, mean buying extra insulation and foil but that can't be helped if I want a dry house I guess ...

Had a nasty fright this morning thinking I had been locked out of the forum where I have been stirring up trouble, but further enquiry reassured me that so too is everyone else. Seems their webteam tried to fix something. Pity they have no clue what they are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment