Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Training last night dragged on a bit so I did not get home till around 8:45 with the result i was too wound up to get to sleep. That combined with the warm night meant I had little rest before heading off down the road this morning.

I left home at 7 thinking I would be in the City in ample time to get some earlybird parking. No such luck I am afraid, though at least I don't live in Sydney. At $14.00 per day, however it will soon add up, even if it is tax deductible which I have yet to find out. So I will be enquiring about a monthly ticket tomorrow.

Day one was very relaxed. First of all it is important to recognise that my boss is in Launceston for most of the week, so is supervising by remote control. Add to that the serious staff shortages and the upper level of Heritage Tasmania is practically echoing. The morning was spent on induction stuff and the afternoon a combination of my first assessment (very simple, but tricky as the architect has done lots of lovely drawings, but has not provided any information as to how he plans to attach the thing to the building (a fairly critical bit of information when you are attempting to assess impacts). So I phoned to leave a message telling him I would call back in the morning. Was planning to give him my phone number but realised I had no idea what it was... No IT connections of course, so that may take a couple of days, and until then I will be fairly hamstrung as to what I can be getting on with. Still, lots of reading material and people to get to know, so all will not be lost. I will phone IT tomorrow if I have not heard by lunchtime.

Got home at 6:30 which makes for a long day for the dog. We have had a bit of a drag around parattah, but he is still full of beans poor boy. I am chasing up with the Mangalore Kennels to see if I can organise doggy day care for him for at least a couple of days a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment