Well a few rather tiring days were had here. The boss agreed it was time to clear out the store room at the cottages and agreed to come meet me there to do it on Friday, bringing a spare set of shelves so the contents could come up off the floor. So I turned up, and found his car there but not him. But I got stuck in removing things so I had a clear space to work and after that was done looked around for the shelves he had promised. Not finding them, I messaged him and was advised they would be coming up next week! So I pointed out that would be a little futile as I would then have to return stuff, take it out again and then re-install it, so I went home and got a spare set I had in the loungeroom after extracting his solemn promise they would be replaced. Finally got it all sorted out, but was left with one large pile of stuff that had to go into the shed (paint tins, brushes, tools, drop sheets etc) and another large pile of stuff that belonged in the linen room (currently filled to overflowing with the last laundry order) and three surplus vacuum cleaners. No wonder it was difficult getting in the door! Left-over clothing from guests came home with me and has been washed with a view to taking it to the Bargain Centre (as none of it fits me or suits my taste).
Saturday, apart from cleaning the bank which I had been too tired to attend to the day before, was spent loafing as I was really very tired, then Sunday I had all three cottage to deal with (one of which had not only had four guests in it - real comedians who hid stuff in unlikely places for no apparent reason) but a tradesman who clomped around for several hours fitting two metres of coving (hope the boss was not paying him by the hour! It would have taken me half an hour to do the job).
Today I headed down to Hobart. Barbara is moving into a new rented house and has been culling her possessions. She had promised me a set of bookshelves and a chest of drawers (both fairly flimsy furniture). I had said Monday, probably, but had, it turns out, failed to follow up with a confirmation. So after I had been to Affordable Furniture to look at their beds (very nice solid timber, Tasmanian made and yes, affordable), I called around expecting to find the pieces in the garage. But of course they were not there as I had forgotten to confirm my arrival. So I popped off a text message, expecting her to be at work and headed home, stopping at Bridgewater to get some groceries. Discovered a text saying she would be home at 1:30, and backtracked once again. Furniture safely loaded I headed home and just had time to walk Seb, unload the ute and head back in to clean the bank, again.
Now having that conversation you have with yourself when it is half an hour to bedtime and it really is a ridiculous idea to light the fire, but it's a bit chilly so perhaps ..... but no.
No comments:
Post a Comment