Today was the History Room once more and as I had not had any communications from any of the relevant parties I approached in some fear and trepidation. Fortunately it seems the debate has been resolved and i am back in sole charge on Tuesdays - phew. As my punishment for making a fuss I was assigned responsibility for going through our card index, identifying the names in a recently received family history and writing on each card that anyone looking into that family should see this family history. Given the complex interweavings of marriages in the district, there were only two letters of the alphabet that did not have at least one representative. And one of them was X!
That done, I settled in and got a bit of knitting done, between entertaining the six visitors we had during the course of the day (four arriving after 3:45), and finally getting the doors shut by 4:15.
I forgot to mention that I have bought some dyes for the cream wool i was given. Since some of the skeins will be used for a jumper I have admired for some time, but never bothered to knit as it was five ply and I don't keep 5-ply in my collection. I am thinking one of the nice mustard yellows will be the go. The rest will be applied to a more complex multicoloured fair-isle (probably a vest), and so I will be able to play with all of the colours in the kits. They are a brand named Landscape, and the two packs I have are 'Rural' and 'Mountain' or some such thing and so are nice earthy colours with some blues and greens mixed in.
Weather today was rather nice, if a little chilly and windy, but tomorrow will be 8 degrees. Hard to come to grips with the idea of Spring under the circumstances. I will see what turns up - snow to 600 metres forecast so cleaning the cottages will be interesting.
While Annie is away on her honeymoon, she had nominated a friend to take her days. Her friend has decided not to bother, so now I am on duty for 6 days a week till she gets back. At least it will be more money. Meanwhile I will keep Tuesday's free for the History Room.
No comments:
Post a Comment