It seems one of the side effects of switching service providers is that they stuff up your emails. I can receive them, but sending them is apparently a step too far!
Telstra has still been providing a service to the dongle on the grounds that as it was a mobile service they were not required to switch it off when I changed ISPs. I called them today and established that this was the case, and that my email is alive and well, but still I am unable to send any. So sorry to those awaiting a response. I will call my new service provider tomorrow and find out why their server does not recognise a bigpond email. By the way, for a small fee, Telstra (masquerading as Bigpond) will continue to provide my email address so nothing will be changing in that department. It seems that although I still have a Telstra phone, with internet connectivity it is not possible to link my Bigpond email to that service, so I must pay them. The inter-relatedness of Telstra and Bigpond seems only to work in terms of making profits (and saving printing costs on envelopes).
It was a stunning, warm and sunny day today, which made a nice change. And what is more I was not working. So I did a load of washing, and set to with the whipper snipper (which I discovered is not fond of long wet grass). The front yard has once again emerged from the jungle and so too has the back yard, though further down the block is still long, lush, green and sodden (probably something to do with the 34mm that have fallen over the last two days).
History Room tomorrow, so I will hopefully get some knitting done (when not calling people to find out what happened to my email service, etc).
No comments:
Post a Comment