Monday, October 10, 2016

I have been having a few challenges logging into the NBN - the password does not work and calling tech support has been problematic due to the wild weather which is impeding the phone signal. I nice young man patiently called me back regularly as I dropped out but it was a problem getting on with it.

The party was great fun - I finally discovered that Steam punk is about some dystopian other place where people have become integrated with clockwork and steam engines (instead of electronics), so while my Victorian outfit was sort of appropriate, it was not quite on the mark. But it was fun getting dressed up and spraying red dye on my hair (all washed out now). On the way home I took a short cut over the hills. As I turned a corner an on-coming car prompted me to dip my lights. I accidentially turned them off entirely, then repeated the process when I got them back on and they were still on high beam. Not unreasonably the police car immediately behind me turned on its blue and red lights and whooped its siren to ask me to pull over. I did so with a clear conscience as I had only had two glasses of unadulterated Coke during the evening. Sitting in the ute waiting for him to arrive at the window, I became impatient and got out as it had occurred to me he might be worried I was drunk and violent (I mean, I do drive a ute and the back road in question is used for drug running). After a pleasant exchange and an unexciting breathalyser result, I headed home with no further incidents.

Meanwhile there was snow last night, but today while windy is sunny. More snow forecast, but first the sun has to go away and some clouds form themselves.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear -anyone trying to get Telstra to do anything will have trouble at the best of times! I am shaking my head at the snow, though!

    ReplyDelete