Friday, March 2, 2018


It's the day before the election,  and I woke up to find a news splash that had to be shared and no means of doing it - flat phone battery, uncooperative computer and a new computer that runs Windows 10, and is 12 months behind in updates. So having installed virus software, worked out which buttons to press, started installing updates (a way to go yet) and so forth I have been a bit busy for much of the day.

So having broken the news to the relevant parties the shit has hit the fan and it's all to do on the internet. I may even work out how to get the back up to run on the old computer so I can run a setup on this one (new one, voila! It works - sort of).

In my wisdom I installed a UK keyboard configuration on this so I can access things like £ and such like, but that does mean my @ sign is a bit hard to find till I remind myself how that worked.

This all means I have no access to photos or other such embellishments but suffice to say that Poppet rules the universe now, the dog seems to have retreated in confusion and even Billy is showing a bit of spirit. I on the other hand have been suffering the lurgy (the abridged form, fortunately but it did stop me being able to do a run on Thursday), and my computer now wants to restart - see you!

2 comments:

  1. 12 months of updates Jo!!!!!!
    On my internet speeds that would take days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha - it took most of the day!

    ReplyDelete