Well I have finally found out that many of the protestors who attended the Council meeting were not even vaguely interested in the matter at hand but actually have their knickers in a twist about negotiations presumed to be going forward between Council and the proponent in relation to future management of the neighbouring Mill site (no wonder Council doesn't want to deal with them - I can't imagine their psychic powers are up to that). So I have suggested that that particular interest group direct a request to Council to have a meeting specific to their concerns and that they recognise that if negotiations are in fact going forward they will get a better response if they just set out the outcomes they expect Council to be seeking. Sigh.
My elderly neighbour arrived yesterday with family in tow and we had a good chat. He returned the roll of lino I gave him some time (damn, now I have to get rid of it myself) and we discussed house prices. I recommended he ask $180K which surprised him but my arguments seemed to convince him and he has already told someone that is the asking price. He seems to think the place is already sold but I suspect the 'mate' in question was just one of the usual vultures who circle around in such situations. I have also suggested the two real estate agents who actually seem to work for a living in these parts, and he is happy to take my advice on that. I now have the key to his back door so I can let myself in and he has my phone number so I can do that at times when lighting the fire or allowing access to necessary visitors is desirable. I have to say he is looking a lot healthier than he has for some time - the hospital food certainly seems to boost health in the elderly. But he is having memory lapses and gaps so he has definitely made a good decision and seems very happy with it.
Heavy rain this morning and occasionally during the day limited activities to the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment