I can't begin to imagine how much money I have spent over the years buying toys for the cats and dogs. Most get inspected with deep distrust and the ignored. Sometimes they get thrown around long enough to put them under a piece of furniture and never seen again. But yesterday I bought a toy for poppet that is apparently so appealing I can not even put it down long enough to take a photo for you without her stealing it.
It only cost $4.00 from Shiploads and is (from a human perspective) fairly unattractive. A mouse with two long floppy legs ending in pompoms, a black pointy nose and a towelling body. But it is apparently totally irresistable. Not even got catnip in it (something none of my cats has shown the slightest interest in). So that's good.
Meanwhile I headed into town and found a top at the Bargain Centre which will suffice for my night out, with a black camisole and singlet under it (said singlet being of the ornamental variety not the practical one), and over a black skirt. Not exactly a Day Dress (whatever that is) but smart and elegant and balancing evening wear with day wear since a seven PM start without food does not provide many cues for dress choice.
Tomorrow will be a long day as I have patient transport in the morning and in the evening a meeting I will be attending solely for the purpose of being seen.
Meanwhile I have done another panel of pattern on the jumper (two actually) and am about to embark on the next row of stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment