Monday, June 4, 2018

The last few days have been grey, damp, cold and otherwise unattractive so I have had my head down knitting. I finished the 10 ply jumper and wore it to Campbell Town Show, and am half way up the back of the three ply garment. Tomorrow I will be going to town for food so will pick up two balls of the oatmeal yarn to see what I can do with it dyeing wise. I think two acid dyes and two natural ones - one being onion skins (not terribly adventurous but can produce a lovely golden brown if I am lucky), the other being some red berries that are falling off some trees in Oatlands with gay abandon but whose species I know not at all. The leaves look like arbutus but the berries have a shiny skin, so not Irish Strawberries.

Yesterday at the Oatlands Market I managed to ply up all the singles I have been producing at the various display spinning activities I have been doing and these are now skeined and washed and drying in the loungeroom. I also managed to do the same with various bits of singles that have accumulated with no completion. So once that is done I will have a fair selection of colours to choose from, though not all appropriate for fair isle (weight-wise that is).

I have made alarming inroads into the wood heap so have to order two more loads to see me through (there is still quite a bit there, it is just clearly not sufficient for a long cool spell).

Poppet is definitely in season now so I will make a note in my diary so I can ensure a trip to the vet will not coincide with such an event and increase the cost of speying. Being an indoor cat it is not a big worry so can be deferred until there is cash in hand. She has not the slightest interest in the back door, so it's all good.

Tonight I have the bank to clean and then I will do another pattern band on the jumper. Once I upload the photos to the computer I will load them here so you can see what I have been up to.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the pics f the Fair Isle. And Poppet's now become a completely reformed domestic mog? ISTR that last time she was mentioned she was still spitting and scratching or have I missed some posts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fully reformed - she only hisses and spits at the dog now. Still not quite worked out what beds are for, but visits in the mornings and will eventually work it out.

      Delete