You will be relieved to know i was not eaten by the CAT scan machine, nor did I fail my pre-op medical this week - I am in fact a major disappointment to them all in that I have good blood oxygen, text book blood pressure, a picture-perfect EEG and all the other things they tested me for. They told me this appoint would take up to four hours so I took my knitting with me, but they threw me out in less than an hour for lack of things to examine. Always a good thing.
I will be going under the knife on Wednesday so will be incommunicado for Tuesday and Wednesday as apparently day cases are admitted at 7 in the bloody morning!
The heat has been horrible - 30 degrees yesterday and humid to boot - we have had some spectacular storms too - almost Queensland quality. But tomorrow will be 13 degrees which will make a nice change.
The hot weather, combined with this cool spell (which is accompanied by rain) has inspired me to plant up a garden of veges - ingredients for Gazpacho as well as a few additional herbs and so forth, so not too adventurous. Having a tap handy to the garden bed makes it easy to keep the water up to them - I can turn it on as I head out to walk the dog in the morning, and turn it off on the way home. Fingers crossed I have enough water to do the job. Also the apricot has fruit on it! lots of fruit. So I must slash a path to the tree so I can maintain its water supply as the fruit grows and ripens. Barring major wind events, these puppies might just see harvest! How exciting. It's been a long 8 years waiting for this to happen.
Knitting wise I am working on the new vest - it has different colours this time, much more my colours too. And between my round and flat needles I seem to have managed to achieve the right tension this time. I don't have size 3 circulars and neither does anyone locally, so I reverted to flat needles and am making rapid progress.
A trip into town this morning resulted in an invitation back to get a fleece - spotted that the Suffolk farmer was shearing (I asked for a fleece last time i saw him) and he has become muddled in his thinking. As a result I may not get a suffolk fleece, but may get a coloured one. I will find out this afternoon. Not too sure how well they will be cut as it looks like the shearer is learning on the job (judging by the amount of blood on the sheep in the paddock) so I will accept it graciously and sort it out when I get it home.
Nice to see you back and that you passed all tests with flying colours - good luck with the day surgery.
ReplyDeleteWell, yes I am relieved I was about to send search parties, equipped with High Vis vests and hazmat suits. Good luck with the day surgery.
ReplyDeleteAnd congrats on the fruit/veg situation. I have been replanting my beds for veg and harvesting our first blueberries and mulberries. YUM!