I haven't been washed away, but it was a near thing. The roof remained waterproof and if it can survive that it will be good for a few more days.
The gauge held 47.5 mm this morning and has well and truly exceeded another inch today. Half an hour after checking the gauge the tanks overflowed - woohoo! and the rain has been soaking in - not much run-off at all so the trees will be good for a while, as will the new vege patch.
We didn't get the snow they had on the highlands, but there was certainly sleet about most of the morning. I have searched the house and found some dry off-cuts which have been added to rather more soggy bits of scrap timber and are feeding the fire to keep things cosy - the firewood situation is non-existent at present and won't be replenished till the woodshed has moved up from the orchard (after Christmas) as there is nowhere to put wood that will not be in the way of a large container-capable forklift.
And the lake is full.
Yikes. Fires in December. What next, snow on Xmas day?
ReplyDeleteNot out of the question in these parts, though a rare event. I will be cutting more wood in anticipation as there is more to come. And I also found a large lump of wood in the back of the ute which will be useful! Haha
Delete