And the saga continues. This morning I received a letter acknowledging my resignation then going on to assert that I had stolen property belonging to the Society, containing veiled threats of legal action and stern warnings about the misuse of Society Records. I can only assume this is the at the instruction of the new President who does not strike me as the forgiving type.
I have responded by pointing out that the Society's donations policy requires that if they are unable to use the item for the purpose for which it was provided that it must first be offered to the donor, and only if refused, must be sold at auction. Since my purpose was to improve their engagement with technology, which has demonstrably failed, I have acted in accordance with that policy.
The letter also asserts that I have retained all the files contained on the computer, despite me having on two occasions (one recorded on my phone) indicated that they have been deleted.
My carefully worded response will be slept on before sending as an email (my printer is not working terribly reliably at present, and frankly I can't be bovvered with postage).
Meanwhile I trekked down to Hobart to the Royal who have shortlisted me for 'urgent admission' (ie some time in the next month), and a CAT scan to see what is going on in there. I remain in good health so am not unduly concerned, but it does rather interfere with any plan-making over that period.
It is rather chilly tonight, so the fire is once again lit, and I picked up a bag of logs on my way to Hobart. I have also collected the remainder of my storage kit from Howards Storage as it had arrived and they were going to send it to me, but I said I would pick it up since I was in the vicinity.
I am sorry you are dealing with this unpleasantness Jo. Hopefully you can get to the place where everyone can live and let live -and soon.
ReplyDeleteCertainly hope so - Hysterical societies are notorious for this sort of nonsense, but it is a necessary part of the withdrawal process. They are just being childish.
ReplyDelete