Still working on my draft response - one page should be sufficient to cover my reply and it is presently one paragraph, and signature block into the second page. Thank heaven for weekends, eh!
I have spent the day with my spinning group and we agreed from the outset not to discuss local politics or personal dramas, so the conversation focussed on happier things.
One of us brought in some angora tops that they had purchased at the Bargain Centre several years ago and which were gratefully received by those of us who were interested. I may give mine back as many years ago I had a wool/angora/cashmere/silk/and something else blend wool that raised hives all over me, and having handled the angora I begin to feel itchy, so perhaps I have finally narrowed down the source of the problem. Oddly it is goat angora (not rabbit) and I was raised with goats so should not have such a response, but perhaps the longer hair of an angora goat is different to the fluff that grows under the coarser coats of dairy goats.
The weather has been predictably awful with showers and minor hail spots passing through and the temperature barely reaching the predicted maximum of 11. Tomorrow should be marginally better and I will be going to the Whole Town Garage Sale as well as cleaning the bank.
The fire is slowly chugging away - indoors is not that chilly but a fire will be necessary later so best to get it going before I settle down for the evening. And I have finished spinning the dark brown fleece and am now onto the lightest brown (a sort of blonde/brown). Once that is done only one more colour to go before I can start knitting the replacement vest. I am fairly happy with the regularity of tension I have achieved this time - hopefully more consistent with the 4 ply required to achieve the size I want. But for all that I will knit a tension square before starting this time!
No comments:
Post a Comment