Sunday, October 1, 2017

The History Room has a new window display - 'A woman's work is never done', featuring our horrible old mechanised washing machine (manual labour involved) and a wringer, some pickings from my button box and lace collection, a clothesline and a bit of patchwork hiding the Mobil flying horse that is permanently attached to the back wall.

It was a rather warm day today (a nice change from yesterday's snow) so I found myself falling asleep in the sunshine, but I did manage to get some spinning done and make nice with the visitors. The last one was less welcome, being he who has taken a fancy to me, but I managed to scoot him out the door and scurry off to the Lucky Ewe. There I spent my two gift vouchers (won at the Campbell Town Show) on a bag of grey fleece, some scouring liquid for washing fleeces and a pot of Landscape Clay dye.

And home to walk the dog, light the fire and heat up yesterday's pizza for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment