Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Oh Lord, it just gets worse and worse - Steph has proceeded with calling the meeting with all members and the author tomorrow afternoon! I found out because another concerned member rang to beg me to attend. I explained I couldn't since I am neither a member nor the President any more, but suggested he move that they seek independent legal advice before selling the book. Personally I would be urging the author to do that since it would save us money, and would be requiring him to provide that advice to us so that we could form a decision, but i am no longer in charge. For all that, I suspect I will spend the evening marking up my copy of the book to highlight digressions, infamy, inaccuracies, etc so that if I get a phone call requesting my presence I can be prepared.

Apart from that I had a nice chat with our local heritage officer over a cup of coffee over the lake and he agreed it was nasty and we discussed future plans for the History Room. I have indicated to the concerned member that if it is their view I should return I will do so, but that it must come from the committee, not just his desperate pleas. Meanwhile I suggested he take his wife to the meeting as she carries weight with Steph and is also clued up about the issues I have been highlighting - and is a rather forceful personality haha.

A lovely sunny day meant most of my washing is done, dry and put away, but no work has been done on the grass - it's so depressing that the area I slashed already has 8 inch high regrowth. I hate this time of year!!

So I may or may not be at home tomorrow, I may or may not be at a meeting, and if I am at home I am expecting a visitor who I am not that keen on entertaining as I suspect he has motives other than the ones presented. Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment