Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Well after an evening of increasingly toxic emails from my Secretary, refusing my offers to meet with her personally to discuss the matter, I have resigned. I have to say I am feeling rather good about it. My resignation details my reasons for leaving and includes short articles on Defamation and Publishing defamation (only two pages each) as well as my original instructions to Steph. No doubt she will call it defamatory but as my email is marked 'in confidence' and it includes a description of the role of the President (including alerting the committee to potential harm), I am pretty comfortable with that. Besides if she does threaten it I can point out that this would damage her own defence of 'I am just a simple country woman' in the event she herself were the subject of litigation.

So the Ute is full of my possessions removed from the History Room, including the window display, and my paper copies have been delivered to the non-computer people. I can relax - I think.

It will be nice to have a few days off, and I will probably take the opportunity to take to the beach on Show Day, though maybe not.

Then I will have to start looking for other volunteering options so as to satisfy my obligations under NewStart. Sigh.


3 comments:

  1. Sorry it has come to this Jo. Your offer to discuss this was of course necessary. Good luck with the new volunteering position, and enjoy a day or two off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-)) You'll find something more worthy of your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha - not sure about that - the options are the community centre (which has serious political implications as they are running a vendetta against Council) and the Medical Centre (which involves sitting patiently with grumpy old people helping them make craft items. Neither is attractive. I rang my Job Service provider to let her know and she said much the same - take some time to find something interesting - because she knows I have been doing way more than my 15 hours per week requirement, so it's all good.

    ReplyDelete