Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Much to my surprise I was offered a dental appointment this afternoon! Sadly, since i was in the History Room today I was unable to accept, so they offered me one on Friday morning, which I also had to decline as I will be having my brain examined again at that time (something some of my acquaintances might suggest has been put off for far too long!). So at present I am on their cancellation list, in case something comes up before my scheduled appt on Monday. Meanwhile I am eating soft food - bangers and mash in onion gravy for the next few days thanks to bargain pork sausages at the Roxy. Fortunately, apart from the sharp edges, nothing vulnerable has been exposed, so I am quite happy with that.

I also managed to track down a tree lopping service so have lined up a chap to come and quote to get the trees next door chopped back to their boundary. I have discussed this with them and they are OK with that, and will make sure they do a tidy job as I am the one who will have to look at it.

The neighbours are down to three chooks now as the fourth was destroyed by me (since Seb had maimed it rather badly) this evening. I had already chased them out once this afternoon, and had only take Seb for a walk, but they were silly enough to come back in and hide out of sight till I had an armload of firewood. Once Seb spotted them I had no choice but to let him go as I would otherwise have dropped the wood on his back which didn't seem at all reasonable to me.

Tomorrow will be the last fine still day for a bit, so I will go around the yard and ensure all the loose iron removed from the roof is suitably stable and weighted down. The bigger pile I will tie a rope around also, just to be on the safe side. On Thursday we are expecting gales and rain, so it will be a good test for the new roof.

I have been in touch with the local member about the NBN fiasco, so will wait to find out what he has to say.

Hopefully I don't have any work to do tomorrow as it will be nice to catch up with myself a little more.


No comments:

Post a Comment