Sunday, February 4, 2018

You might recall I have mentioned my attempts to trap a feral kitten that has been loitering around for some time. If only because I was concerned for its welfare being so young. It doesn't seem to have grown at all in that time, so may not actually be as young as I have been assuming, but it finally fell for the breadcrumb trail today and is now in the bathroom.

 It was less than impressed and attacked the cage (and me) with some enthusiasm and stalked around the cage looking death at all comers, but after some food and water, and a draped sarong to provide a cave to retreat to, it seems to be settling in fairly well - or biding its time as the case may be.

I have yet to find a shallow tray to provide a litter point, but will rummage later and pop soil in it, as I doubt he would know what litter was for.




A shoe box lid should do the trick I hope.
















I have acquired some fabric from my local antique dealer and he tells me he is clearing a house at present that contains bolts of the stuff. So I will have no shortage of fabric to play with - I will end up looking like those poor 13 kids though if I have to find a use for an entire bolt.

Here are the feet from the machine. As you can see, two of two varieties, and not much in the way of basic feet, but a good range of options - I am told the zigzag mechanism doubles as a walking foot.


And these are my various
Dye experiments. I rather like the results.
 


1 comment:

  1. I am glad you caught that little cat. Not good for the wildlife for it to be wild. The cat we have now was abandoned, and had gone a bit feral, but today is a sook and a homebody. The dyeing is amazing -that red is so good!

    ReplyDelete