Another day a little more progress. I have roused at Seb becaues of his vigorous attempts to enter the bathroom in the early days, so now he will not come into the bathroom at all. In his doggy mind it is entering the bathroom that is his sin, not lunging at kittens.
So today, after considerable persuasion I not only got him in there, but also got the door shut once more, so he could see the puppy pen in which the kitten resides. The kitten was there (she is now sitting out watching as the door opens and held her ground with some hissing. And Seb lay down and watched. I was astounded. While the kitten was far from welcoming, it seems Seb has identified her as part of the household (and a very curious one at that!) and therefore not prey. If the kitten can come to similar opinions of the dog, it will be good - I miss having a cat on the bed, for all that there is little space left for me.
Also made a little more progress on the scarf I seem to have been knitting forever and will hopefully finish it some time this decade. I have more interesting things I want to be knitting but am not going to allow myself to do so till it is finished. After all, Vera will not live forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment