Friday, February 23, 2018

The topsy turvey weather continues and this morning was a bright sunny day followed by a bit of a deluge or two. I headed off to pick up my patient at Kempton and take him for an xray and sat in the car park in Glenorchy while I waited, eating my lunch. Home through pouring rain, so I texted my woodman and suggested it was time to start stockpiling wood. He rang back later and delivered a load an hour after that. He had just been cutting some wood, so rather than unpack it at his place then deliver on a scheduled run, he came straight through - saved him some double handling and made sure I have a ton on hand if the overcast of the next two days comes complete with chill.

The kitten has been getting more adventurous and coming into the loungeroom from time to time. She was on the sofa with Billy (at opposite ends) when I got in this afternoon. Billy has, against his will, become appointed as Uncle, but is not himself all that fond of Poppet. And the dog confrontations are improving. Her adventures have reminded me that knitting and kittens are not a good combination, but no harm done.

And I am planning an earlyish night tonight as I am a bit weary.

No comments:

Post a Comment