Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Not sure about you, but I am beginning to wonder if a bunker in the back yard (fully stocked) would be a good idea. What an astonishing result in the US! Mind you it was a choice between a rock and a hard place, but at least with Hilary we would only be facing more of the same......

Stunning sunny day today - warm and light breezes. All the washing done and dry and most of it put away already. Just in time as it turns out. I did notice that my sheets have a tear in them as I put them on the bed. I have already repaired this set once, and I suspect they are now to thin to bother repairing again. Still, I have had them for at least 12 years so I guess I shouldn't complain. This is why I buy high thread count sheets after all. That will leave me with two sets for the queen size bed, but I will not buy more as I plan to retire it, albeit in rather longer than planned.

Council has decided that my application should be a notified application with associated increases in costs and delays in decision-making. I have paid so they can get on with it but will be lobbying one of the newer councillors who has a background in planning law and also writing formally to Council to request a reimbursement of the on-costs. Why? Because they are solely due to the heritage overlay on the place - the application itself would otherwise be a straight forward tick and flick. I may even seek permission to address Council on the unwisdom of this approach - it goes against the advice I have been giving to Councils for decades - those who listen find that managing heritage places is rather more relaxing than those who ignore me as their ratepayers feel their contribution to maintaining heritage values is recognised by Council.

Have finished knitting up the second beanie and as suspected, it turned out several sizes smaller due to the reduced girth of the wool. The first one fits me perfectly, the second one will suit most other people (I have a ridiculously large head).

Time to go work out where to start digging that bunker.

2 comments:

  1. We are all shocked! Sitting down tonight with the emergency champagne as a way of celebrating the end of democracy. Or something. I don't even know any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a bit of turn up for the books, and popcorn is definitely called for I think.

    ReplyDelete