Another week has flown (and almost another year!!), and I have been busy doing all manner of things once again.
The History Room Garage sale garnered $580 for our depleted kitty, and I have finally found the relevant grant but am struggling to fill in the online form as I don't have anyone's contact details here at home, and at the History Room I don't have internet connections - quelle horreur.
Still it does not close till 20 December so plenty of time to sort that out.
I am now in there Sundays as well as Tuesdays and managed to spin two bobbins of yarn between interruptions yesterday. Tomorrow I hope to be knitting something. The cloche style beanie seems the way to go as it is easy to knit, knits up rapidly and does not use excessive quantities of wool. And now I have once again found my pattern book, I can vary it with different edgings and cables which, in combination with different fleece colours will provide variety and interest. The other beanies I knitted - one I gave to a friend to inspire her to get going with her own spinning, the other will need someone with a rather large head as it does not appear to have come out quite the right size despite using commercial wool on the bit that really had to fit. Oh well.
So spinning, doing the washing, keeping busy in the History Room and generally running around like a headless chook have occupied yet another week.
Annie called around with the spare bobbins and two large carding combs so I am well set at this stage despite sharing myself between two wheels. I have even loaned two bobbins to said friend who is being lagardly with her spinning as her present excuse is that she has run out of bobbins and doesn't know how to ply...... So now she can fill two more bobbins and we can sort her out on Saturday when we all come together in the same room once more (and I can learn how to ply rather more scientifically than my present approach that involves holding the two strands apart and letting the tension pull them into the orifice, which works, but unreliably so).
No comments:
Post a Comment