Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hope you saw in the New Year. I didn't. I didn't even get to see midnight as I was in bed long before that, and the neighbourhood revelries seem to have toned down somewhat and so it was not until 2:30they spilled out onto the street. Having been woken, however, I found it a struggle to get back to sleep due to the wild temperature fluctuations in these parts (19 indoors when you go to bed, then down to 6 then up to 10 and back down to around 5 come get-out-of-bed time ...........).




Not even noticed if they have graffitied the street, street signs and such like as per normal. Perhaps someone pointed out it was showing a lack of creativity and they should stop now......

Naturally I had all three cottages to do today - with the reek of alcohol to dislodge, vast amounts of rubbish to dispose of (need to get some of the contents of the wheely bin to the tip on Friday) and endless beds tonight. They did leave half a bottle of red and a bit of milk so I don't have to buy milk now for a couple more days and the red wine will go with the neck of mutton I defrosted when I slow-cook it tomorrow.

Sebastian stayed at home with Shadow (though the cats were segregated into the bathroom) and when I got home everything (dogs, furniture, cats, doors) was intact. Amazing. Still waiting for that shoe to drop.

Lit the fire tonight as it is quite cool indoors albeit wild, windy and fairly warm outside. Another confusing night to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment