Saturday, January 4, 2014

I think I am a bit of a failure as a cleaner. Today I was off in a revery redesigning the house for single occupancy (reinstate central hall, swap kitchen and bathroom, convert current cleaners cupboard into walking pantry ... you get the picture) when suddenly somone turned up to check in. Was quite indignant till I realised it was five to two and me with two floors to vacuum. Fortunately they were nice people and it was soon sorted, lol. Anyway, now I have worked out the design solution, and still have a useful shed out the back I can leave it and get on with cleaning, lol.

Sebastian had his first two goes at off-leash today. The first was over in the far corner of the oval. While it was less than successful in terms of prompt response to call, he did come to call eventually. And had a lovely time running around like a maniac in the mean time. This after noon I decided to use the tennis court for the exercise. This is not fully enclosed but is sufficiently enclosed to bluff him into believing it is. But not quite so inviting in terms of running around potential. Still he had a nice time and Shadow played with him a bit, and then we all came home once more. Hopefully this will become more of a thing in the future.

Seb is getting on well with Smidgen but Esther continues to be a bit problematic, mainly because she stalks him and picks on him. Then complains when he does the same. I expect they will sort things out. As long as I don't get caught in the cross fire and scratched, I will ignore them and let them work it out for themselves. Me intervening will simply confuse the situation and make each of them assume I am taking their side.

Tip run tomorrow. I missed garbage collection for the cottages, so have loaded some of the bags onto the back of the ute. These will be joined by whatever offerings I find here tomorrow and then into the tip. Since I have also finally borrowed the star picket driver from them nextdoor I will also hopefully be finally putting in the posts for the duck run. Then all I will need to do is attach wire, repair the shed, add a new floor to the shed, install a gate and then I will be ready to get the ducks - easy - right?

No comments:

Post a Comment