Well extreme times call for extreme measures, so I am resuscitating this blog to see me through the rigours of social isolation. Actually I am rather enjoying it as I have the time to be at home long enough to get something done. I am the sort of person who takes time to disengage from whatever it was I was doing, before I can move on to the next thing I want to do, so rather than being bored, I am taking the time to increase my fibre skills, tidy up the house, whatever. Possibly even manage to finish off some of the work that remains undone, and generally regather my thoughts.
My voluntary driving is slowing down as patients' appointments are cancelled as non-critical, so I have put up my hand to continue driving by volunteering with CTST. This is going to increasingly be more a case of home deliveries rather than carting people around.
I hope some of you are still out there, but if not I will happily burble away to myself and keep you updated on progress here at the mad house.
Meanwhile a quick and sad update - Sebastian had to be euthanised on Christmas Eve due to a sudden onset paralysis which appears to have been the result of losing his footing as he leapt of the bed to bark at something. I have not replaced him, but am a bit torn at present as the presence of a dog in the house would be reassuring if things get a bit nastier. I have the offer of a greyhound, but need to take the time to work out what is happening first.
I did not plant a vege patch but have just turned over the garden and acquired some seeds for root veges and brassicas. I suspect that, like last year, the winter will be relatively mild and I have a portable plastic tunnel that can go over things if it gets too chilly. At least I have plenty of water.
Well! There you are Jo! Hello. I am sorry to hear about Seb, these pets have such a big part of our lives. Yes, we are all making changes in our lives. Today my 5 year old grandson was feeling it -not being able to play with his grandparents- and he said 'the rule maker is being mean!". Yep All of this is horrible, but we just need to get through it.
ReplyDeleteYes. We are blessed that we have chosen lifestyles that make us more resilient than most younger folk seem to be (not to mention those my age!), and have lived a life that has accumulated a multitude of materials to keep ourselves amused an occupied constructively.
ReplyDelete