Friday, December 21, 2018

Finally - after tracking down an old cable I have managed to download the images I needed. So here's a bit more to look at:

 This is the vest I did for a commissioned work.
 This is version one of the hat I designed - I dyed some extra yarn to match the colours in the main yarn, and used it to create the stripes on the crown.
 This is one of the earlier versions - the bobble instructions failed to produce the desired bobbles, so it was a start, but no cigar.
 This is the final crown design - I liked the finish better with this one, but had by then run out of the dyed yarns, so skipped the stripes.
 And as you  can see, the bobbles worked better .


 Using a firmer yarn, the stitch definition is much better - this if the final design.
 The swans by the lake have been hatching out babies - mumma and papa brought them up to the toilet block to show them off, but papa swan was very firm about how close you were allowed to get.
 Oh! More beanies - another yarn which does not give such firm stitch definition - lesson learned.
 This was my first attempt at a kep - I got carried away and designed a four-seasons pattern, with the result it is a little long haha.
 A close up of the lower portion of the kep.
 I have participated in an art installation - the images are on tin-type which is the earliest form of photography. Basically the image is trapped in silver on a colloidal base poured onto a metal 'plate'. so you only get one image. It is not a particularly flattering form of photography, so if you are looking at photos of ancestors, they are probably not as old as the image suggests, haha. The exhibition is about those who have looked upon Lake Pedder - the idea being that the light of the image of Pedder is captured by ones eyes, and the light of the photograph captures that light. It will be happening in May or a bit later, so I might invest in a catalogue.
 This is the hideous pug hat - I tweaked the weirder looking stitches before I gave it to her, and it does have a bit more definition than is suggested here.
And this is my latest kep. I got a bit fancy with the crown.

1 comment:

  1. Such great work! I love the way you kept tweaking to get the look you wanted.

    ReplyDelete