Boo! Weren't expecting that were you!
Sorry for my prolonged absences - I suspect they will only become more frequent as life moves into maintenance mode rather than achievement mode.
The Heritage Bullock weekend was a great success and I really will post photos once I load them onto the laptop.
The Local Government elections are looming and candidates were announced today. I decided not to run - we need to be strategic this time and so the fewer candidates the better the chance of getting someone in (primaries going to non-starters reduce the primaries to viable candidates and insufficient primaries means you don't make it to the distribution of preferences.
As it turns out one of the councillors isn't running this time which at least creates a vacancy, but with 13 candidates it's going to be interesting to see which one gets that seat. My own finances prohibit me also as Centrelink counts the $10,000 annual allowance as income and reduces your fortnightly income accordingly (while the allowance is paid quarterly). So all in all not an appealing option for me.
I agreed to host someone's sign for their bid to be a councillor but today found out they are also running for mayor (which makes about six candidates and basically hands the position back to the incumbent). I explained that in the same post which prompted her request I had also stated clearly who my preferred mayoral candidate is and it's not her. She got a bit huffy (I didn't realise it was conditional says she) but took the sign off. My preferred candidate will be mounting his poster over the weekend.
Apart from a brawl with the new Elders insurance guy (he's a pig who talks over the top of you to the extent I hung up on him and emailed instead), all is good at present. Though I will be ringing Choosi to see what alternate insurance is on offer in the very near future.
I like the way Bonnie Hunter thinks of her blog as her "journal"- it doesn't matter what other people think of it, or what it says, as long as it is useful to you....Anyway, it is nice to hear from you every now and then
ReplyDeleteThat has been my philosophy too. But life gets in the way. And has been doing so for some time.
ReplyDeleteYay! Lovely to catch up on your blog - I'd almost given up on you coming back here but do know you've been busy. ;-))
ReplyDelete