Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Watching the Drum - women in financial distress. So glad I am not one of them and that I own my own home. There is no way someone on Newstart could afford to pay rent and eat - it's a blooming disgrace!

I had a day in the History Room today, but yesterday I treated myself to a visit with friends. Jenny is moving house (again) and has a few things to get rid of. I am particularly tempted by her sofa - much larger than mine and with matching chairs. I was worried it might not fit, but when I got home and looked at the present sofa, I realised how small it really is. I will find out what she wants for it and see if her husband will help deliver it (way too heavy for me to shift by myself). It has the added advantage of being on wheels, so getting in behind it does not involve rupturing myself with the effort. The other item is a fire surround - free! So apart from having to measure up my fireplace, I definitely will be getting that.

It was a lovely sunny day and we sat in the garden drinking tea and gossiping.

Not like today which was barely 7 degrees and heading down for a frost tonight.

1 comment:

  1. The Drum was the topic of conversation today at my knitting group in the local library. Amazing and very distressing statistics given.

    ReplyDelete